Hurley is easily my favorite character on LOST (which is my favorite show), so when I discovered he had a blog, I immediately subscribed.
DispatchesFromTheIsland is less about LOST than it is Jorgeâ€™s life on the island of Hawaii. Even if youâ€™re not a fan of the show, you should check it out. His writing is personal, engaging and entertaining â€“ all things that make you want to keep reading.
Iâ€™ll also blame him for showing me Manbabies.com (see image below). Hilarious and disturbing a sat the same time.
So, thanks for freaking me out Jorge.
Found this ad in the back of an old comic while looking up content for a another post. Not sure whatâ€™s the funniest thing about this ad.
1. The fact that you could send away a coupon from a comic and get a monkey.
2. The text accompanying the ad:
Darling Pet Monkey $18.95
This Squirrel Monkey makes an adorable pet and amusing companion. Show it affection and enjoy its company. Almost human with its warm eyes, your family will love it. The YOUNG monkeys grow about 12 inches high. Eats same food as you do (even likes lolipops); simple to care for and train. FREE cage, FREE leather collar & leash, monkey toy, and instructions included. Live delivery guaranteed. Only $18.95 express collect.
I have trouble believing that this was legitimate.
Hilarious video. Be sure to watch the whole thing. Getâ€™s even better at the end.
This comes from Michael, but I had to post it as well. Simple, but blew my mind ever so slightly.
Some of these are pretty hilarious. You might be a redneck Jedi if…
- You ever heard the phrase, “May the force be with y’all.”
- Your Jedi robe is camouflage.
- You have ever used your light saber to open a bottle of Bud Light.
- At least one wing of your X-Wings is primer colored.
- You can easily describe the taste of an Ewok.
- You have ever had a land-speeder up on blocks in your yard.
- The worst part of spending time on Dagobah is the dadgum skeeters.
- Wookiees are offended by your B.O.
- You have ever used the force to get yourself another beer so you didn’t have to wait for a commercial.
- You have ever used the force in conjunction with fishing or bowling.
- Your father has ever said to you, “Shoot, son come on over to the dark side…it’ll be a hoot.”
- You have ever had your R-2 unit use its self-defense electro-shock thingy to get the barbecue grill to light up.
- You have a confederate flag painted on the hood of your land-speeder.
- You ever fantasized about Princess Leah wearing Daisy Duke shorts.
- You have the doors of your X-wing welded shut and you have to get in through the window.
- Although you had to kill him, you kinda thought that Jabba the Hutt had a pretty good handle on how to treat his women.
- You have a cousin who bears a strong resemblance to Chewbacca.
- You suggested that they outfit the Millennium Falcon with redwood deck.
- You were the only person drinking Jack Daniels during the cantina scene.
- If you hear . . . “Luke, I am your father… and your uncle…”