The 2 disc set will contain 32 cartoons and features the debut of the Wonder Twins. Each cartoon will consist of the following:
1. Core team: consist of two core members of the Superfriends (example: Superman & Wonder Woman, or Aquaman with Batman & Robin).
2. Wonder Twins toons: Zan, Jayna & Gleek helping kids in trouble.
3. Whole team: Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the Wonder Twins team up to save the world.
4. Guest hero: Toons that feature a core member with a special guest hero, wether it be Black Vulcan, The Atom, or the Green Lantern.
That’s great. We’re getting closer and close to having all of the DC animated series released to DVD. However, I don’t think the math in the press release (at least the way it was reported) adds up correctly.
The All New SuperFriends Hour was made up of 5 shorts in each episode, some of which are reported above. Each episode consisted of:
- Core Team: This short teamed up 2 of the regular members of the SuperFriends
- Whole Team: Split into two parts, this was the featured episode of each show. The core group would stop a villain or disaster of some sort.
- Wonder Twins: These shorts (3-5 minutes) had the Wonder Twins dealing with kid/teen topics like Hitchhiking, Responsibility, etc.
- Magic Trick, Safety Tip, Health Tip or Craft Project: These are not mentioned above, but they were usually sandwiched between the main cartoon and the commercials. Only a minute or two in length, a hero would show a Magic Trick, Safety Tip, Health Tip or Craft Project before the commercial and then explain how it was done in a 2nd part later in the episode.
- Guest Hero: The episodes would usually finish up with a guest hero teaming with one of the regular cast members. These were always natural disaster type stories, with no real villain.
Since there were only 16 episodes, my guess is the first volume will contain 8 episodes. Not counting the Magic Trick portion, each 1-hour episode contained 4 shorts, which would total up to 32 cartoons. So, 2 DVDs X (4 episodes X 4 shorts) = 32 cartoons. Hopefully, later in 2008 we’ll get volume 2 with the remaining 8 episodes (32 cartoons). Chronologically, these should be the first episodes on Volume 1.
1.Invasion Of The Earthors
1.The Brain Machine
1.City In A Bottle
2.Invasion Of The Hydronoids
1.Will The World Collide?
2.The Marsh Monster
1.Day Of The Plant Creatures
1.Super Friends vs. Super Friends
2.The Monster Of Dr. Droid
1.Voyage Of The Mysterious Time Creatures
2.The Secret Four
3.Tiger On The Loose
1.Planet Of The Neanderthals
4.Flood Of Diamonds
1.The Mind Maidens
4. Alaska Peril